If you get a toner LED on your Brother HL-2270DW but know you still have usable toner left, do this to reset the toner timer:
Please do the following steps to reset the toner sensor.
1. Open the front cover and leave open while completing the following steps.
2. Turn the printer off.
3. Hold the ‘go’ button while turning the printer on. All lights should be on.
4. Release the ‘go’ button (or “start’ button).
5. Press the ‘go’ button (or “start’ button) 2 times.
6. Pause. All panel lights should be on.
7. Press the ‘go’ button (or “start’ button) 5 times. The toner light should be off. (error may be flashing) The paper light should be on or flashing.
8. Close cover. The ready light should be the only light on.